Friday 30 January 2015

"WHEN MINI MADE MY DAY"



"WHEN MINI MADE MY DAY"
BY
J.L.GUPTA


Jan.22, 2015 was my 74th birthday. I wrote a short piece 'GOOD DAYS ARE BACK'. Published it after 12 noon. But on account of some reason not known to me, it appeared to have been published on Jan. 21, 2015. How? I do not know. There were Calls and comments. One, even from a ‘nephew’ whom I cannot reach. Despite desire. Hope, we shall meet soon. Daylong celebrations followed. Gifts. Good wishes. An elaborate Dinner. With the whole family present, it was a feast. So many cakes! Baked by my sister Usha and granddaughter Nandisha. But most of all Mini made my day by reading out her following speech-

“First of all, I would like to say that I feel very proud to be a part of a family which is led by such a wonderful human being. So positive, so vibrant, so strong, so loving and OUR ROCK . He is my father but frankly I see a friend in him with whom I can share my heart and feel completely protected.

Right from day one I have felt very comfortable in his presence and have felt the ease to go to him for finding a solution to any problem. In the last 20 years, ever since I have known him so closely I have only seen him as a very large hearted person, who is ever ready to go out of his way to help everyone.

His positivity towards situations makes me wonder sometimes that probably he has a direct connection with God. I have learnt a lot from him. His love and concern for each and every  member of his immediate or extended family is worth appreciating.

May it be my stomach ache or Vikas’s piles’ problem or mom’s sugar or Mama Ji’s heart trouble or Aadya’s leg problem, he will want  to know about and solve everyone's issues and problems.

• His inexhaustible spirit and zest for good things needs a special mention. His mere presence infuses freshness and positive energy in the surroundings. You can go to him at any hour of the day and night. You will always find him fresh, full of lovely ideas and a childlike purity. He has a heart of gold. Through his living he has set very high goals for us.

We all know that children imitate their parents and I know for sure that if you have parents who are such ideals themselves, children have a lot to learn. I have and am trying to learn a lot from him.

I am sure everyone present here agrees with me 100%.

In these 73 years, Papa, you don’t know you have become the role model for how many!

May God bless you! We all love you a lot!”


Nothing touched the heart more than this ‘short and significant’ Speech. Words of love spoken from the heart by a near and dear one! Priceless. Was truly touched! What I felt is beyond words. Thank you Mini! May God bless you!



8 comments:

  1. I one hundred percent agree with what Mini has said or spoke. Hats off to Jawahar Lal Gupta Ji and also to Mini who described him so intelligently and truthfully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mini completely, phuphaji the amount of love your heart holds for all of us is so very visible, we are sooooo very grateful to God to bless us with a person we can keep appreciating and admiring always:) LOVE YOU LOADS PHUPHAJI :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "So positive, so vibrant, so strong, so loving and...." no body can agree more with these words of conviction and affection. May He give you a good health for years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its amazing that those who are near to him and those away from him are getting the same love, inspiration, strength and courage from his life . And share the same feelings , emotions and love for him as beautifully expressed by Mini ji.

    In fact he is a light house. Who so ever comes in his contact gets the rarest spark and power to lead a full and happy life.
    "KITNEY JANMOO KI IBABAT KAE BAAD" , we have met this great man of wisdom. A living God.
    Bible says that God is life. .

    ReplyDelete
  5. About time someone made your day Tauji!! Considering the days you have made for all of us. Wish you a long, happy and healthy life! And we will meet soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uncleji,

    You received loads of gifts, compliments and good wishes from your colleagues, friends and family on your birthday but the heartwarming tribute you received from your daughter Mini is outstanding and priceless.

    Mini’s deep respect for you and admiration for your magnanimity are very obvious and she genuinely wishes to follow your footprints. I am sure this internal respect is based not merely on father-daughter relationship but on an unshakable bond of love, mutual respect and of course, friendship.

    Jai Hind
    (Battle is getting dirtier in Delhi)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very well said…....….Phuphaji, we all agree with Mini bhabhi 100 percent. You have always been there for all of us at all times. You make each one of us feel extremely special and loved. Wishing you health and happiness. Thank you so much for everything…lots of love

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely speech and heartwarming sentiments. You are indeed lucky to have loved ones surround you and envelope you in their warmth.

    ReplyDelete